Shiver

Hey guys! I'll try to update you more later about my life, but I am kinda in a rush but promised I'd do a review today...


Title: Shiver


Author: Maggie Stiefvater

SYNOPSISFor years, Grace has watched the wolves outside her Mercy Falls, Minnesota home every winter. She is particularly drawn to one with stunning yellow eyes. She is certain that it is the same wolf who saved her from its pack who attacked her when she was a young girl. When Grace meets the wounded and temporarily human Sam, she knows from his yellow eyes that he is her wolf. Immediately drawn to one another, they fall in love during their first encounter. Sam leads two lives. He is human in the spring and summer, but he turns into a wolf when the temperature turns cold. The problem Sam faces is that the longer he remains a wolf, the less time he spends in human form. A time will eventually come when he will not change back and will forever be a wolf. Can Grace and Sam fight to stay together or will the cold separate them forever?

GOOD STUFF: romance, suspense, breathtaking

BAD STUFF: as with the book I did yesterday, you need to be careful when you read this on account of some inappropriate content (I chose to keep reading because I could handle it and the author gives very little details in what is happening that I didn't even know it happened until the main characters mentioned it briefly)

RATING: 8 because some parts I disapproved in knocked off some points but other than that it was a very enjoyable read with suspense and forbidden love

RECOMMENDED READERS: 8th - 12th graders

COMPANION BOOKS: Linger (which I have not read), Forever (also which I have not read)

Comments

Popular Posts